Wednesday 21 October 2015

Vending machines in Japan

You wanna know something cool…? There are currently around 5 people in Japan for every 1 vending machine! And there are 127 million people on this small island so you do the maths! I live in Tokyo where there are many narrow streets,  you'll spot a vending machine pretty much everywhere, sometimes there is just the one and other times there can be 5 lined up together and they won't be just dispensing soft drinks but a whole range of other things like; snacks, pastry, newspapers, cup noodles and a whole bunch of other things. Many vending machines in Japan dispense hot drinks too and especially during the winter, I've noticed that they adapt to the seasons just like a living creature! If you happen to have a phobia of vending machines then Japan is the last place you want to visit! I'm not a big fan of soft drinks, however, I used to drink quite a lot of those small coffees that contain god only knows how much sugar, I used to like the aloe drinks with the bits too and I'm used to the vending machines here but they still catch my attention when many are bunched in one place. I nearly forgot, cigarettes are also dispensed too, so are beers! Although you need to touch your ID card before purchasing these low priced cigarettes and when it comes to convenience it's every smoker's dream, having said that, there's something disturbing this... I've even seen bananas being dispensed! I'd rather a banana tree but we're talking Tokyo so it is what it is.


Vending Machine  


Cigarette vending machine
Digital vending machine

No comments:

Post a Comment