Thursday 22 October 2015

Dirt Cheap Soba Noodles

This morning I stumbled across a Tachigui Soba restaurant near a train station, single staffed with no seats, there are also quite a few Tachinomiyas in Japan too and these places are usually for people who want to have a bite or have a drink and then leave fairly quickly although of course you can stay for as long as you wish. This Soba restaurant didn't have the best noodles but I couldn't complain because of how cheap it was, ¥210 which is equivalent to £1.14 or $1.75 at today's exchange rate! I almost felt bad for paying such a low amount to the man and wondered how this place made any money... Maybe they just make enough to cover their expenses, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the cheapest Soba restaurant in Tokyo, maybe they're trying to get into the Guinness book of records? I said the Soba wasn't all that but it wasn't terrible, I can imagine a salaryman stopping by to get a cheap bite after work and having the feeling of winning as he receives his killer bargain!

Restaurant front











Pricing
¥210
Kake Soba

No comments:

Post a Comment