Saturday 10 October 2015

Kaki

Autumn is the perfect season for apples all across the world but a delicious sweet fruit called Kaki remains at the heart of Japanese Autumn fruits, they are orange in colour and although I eat them with their skins on, people here normally peel the skin before eating (I think...), you'll see them everywhere if you come to Japan during October; in the supermarkets and on trees. I used to have a Kaki tree when I was a kid living in Japan in my garden and if you haven't tried them yet they are super tasty so I recommend you try a few. Although they may be hard to find outside of Japan, you might be able to find them at a regular fruit and veg. store if you look hard enough. So what are you waiting for... go get yourself some!


Ripe Kaki!

No comments:

Post a Comment