Tuesday 13 October 2015

Old old Soba noodle restaurant

Yesterday afternoon I found a gem of a restaurant and it was hidden 3 minutes away from my house, it looked very un-restaurant-like and more had the appearance of a rundown house as it kept its' anonymity with me for all those years. Soba is my favourite type of noodle in Japan and is made of buckwheat, I've been to many soba restaurants in Tokyo and this was the best one I've been to so far! It clearly wasn't a franchise and the owner was preparing the noodles in a very old fashioned way. They say never judge a book by its' cover, well, never judge a soba restaurant by its' appearance! You can't fully experience the old fashioned atmosphere by just having a look at few pictures so here's how I felt; I felt as if I was time-traveled 50 years back with all the old Japanese Mangas and cooking-ware that I was surrounded with. The noodles were cooked perfectly and the best part of it was the soup that it was served in, 1 jolly man was working there and he was the owner/chef/waiter/awesome, he really did a great job and didn't have that typical Japanese 'kneel-before-your-customer' feel about him which was refreshing.


Front of Soba restaurant

Old looking menue


Kitchen


Old Mangas


Tempura Soba

2 comments: