Thursday 22 October 2015

Conbinis aka convenient stores

Convenient stores in Japan are referred to as 'Conbinis' and they might just be too convenient! Because just like the vending machines in Japan there are loads of these Conbinis everywhere, the most popular ones being; 7 Eleven, Family Mart and Lawson, all of them typically selling a wide range of soft drinks, alcohol, cigarettes, foods and magazines/Mangas. I can think of 5 Conbinis that all take less than 5 minutes to get to on my bicycle from my house! That's what I mean when I say that they might be too convenient! If you haven't stepped into one of these before then let me give you a heads up and expect a 'Irashaimase!' from the staff, it basically translates into something like 'welcome', you hear it not only in Conbinis but in many different places in Japan like restaurants and clothes stores. If I don't get my 'Irashaimase' things get really messy... 90% of the time I use these Conbinis for Onigiris as they come in many different fillings and styles so these convenient stores are really Onigiri shops for me. So all in all these places are clean, quick and cool!

7 Eleven
7 Eleven being built

A week later... 

Magazine/Manga section

 

No comments:

Post a Comment