Friday 16 October 2015

Mushroom bar!

If your out and about in Tokyo late at night, lets say midnight, you'll be surrounded by Izakayas of all sorts (a place to drink); old fashioned, modern, some of them that are completely 'peek-proof'' so you just have to push the door open whilst you hold your breath and hope for the best... You also have many venues with hostesses, you'll pay 3,000 yen for 90 minutes to drink with some girls and a lot of these drinking places have late closing hours. It is also not uncommon to find ladies standing around the streets during the midnight hours and they're not handing out pocket tissues! Among the endless rows of typical Izakayas, I stumbled across a peculiar looking place with someone I had a drink with, it caught my attention as there was a mushroom painting at the door and it looked like an enchanted house from Lord of the Rings or something.. as I entered the place I was thinking about how strange it  was for this kind of a bar to be in this area, everything was mushroom themed; the menu, decorations, accessories for sale, everything! We enjoyed the music as we drank our red wines, 10 minutes into us being there, a strange Amazonian type bug started to fly around the place, a bug that I've never seen in Japan before and just above me was a bird's nest used as decoration (I thought at least) but the bug actually lived there. The whole place had a super hippy feel to it and I enjoyed the unique environment as it definitely stood out from the other bars.



Mushroom bar entrance
Mushroom menu!



Interior



Mushroom decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment