Monday 16 November 2015

Soba Restaurant in Kamata

Japan is known for strong earthquake-proof buildings and for sure this is very important because they are as common as Cicadas in the summer time... almost... I had to get used to the earthquakes for sure and I've experienced around 5 of them this year, but having said that, some of them are so small so you start to wonder if it really was an earthquake, for example, at times I'll be in bed and feel the house shake ever so slightly, so suttle that it could of been a gust of strong wind. These strong durable building are excellent but Japan is also known for their wooden structures so there are more fires, I'll see buildings on fire on the news or even in person but it is still a rare sight.

Just the other day I came accross a Soba restaurant that had an all wood interior and I really like this style, it had that old-school Japanese look and it reminded me of the countryside, I strongly recommend going to the countryside if your thinking of visiting Japan, it's very beautiful and you'll definitely apperciate the fresh air and green scenary especially if you've been traveling around cities.

The Soba noodle restaurant I went to was sprouting sweet potatoes... a rare sight! I prefer cold Zaru Sobas as I seem to be able to taste the noodles better but as it's getting colder I went in to try out the Chikara Soba which translates to 'strength Soba', this was a hot dish that included; Mochi, Kamaboko and Wakame, I found this more filling than other Soba dishes due to the Mochis. The Soba was decent and the service here wasn't as fast as Yudetaro but it wasn't slow, you should be careful with the Shichimi (spice) as it's quite strong here.

Useful info.
-Mochi: Guey, rectangular & flavourless - made out of Mochi rice.
-Kamaboko: Made out of fish.
-Wakame: Seaweed.
-Chikara Soba: ¥850


Front










Display


Interior
Menu
Sweet potatoes being sprouted
Chikara Soba




No comments:

Post a Comment